You’re here because you want to start and grow a profitable consulting business that will change your life. Maybe you want to:
- quit your crappy job
- earn more money
- have more freedom and flexibility
- spend more time with your kids
- work for yourself
- create a more consistent flow of consulting work
- have more financial security
Whatever the case, you’ve been struggling, and aren’t quite where you want to be. Below, I’ve listed 19 questions to ask yourself.
But, instead of just skimming the questions, then doing nothing, I’d like you do to something different–something that’s intended to make it more likely you’ll take action toward your goals.
So instead of just skimming through them, choose the 1, 2, or 3 questions that resonate the most with you.
Choose the questions that make you the most uncomfortable
Here they are:
- Are you achieving your goals?
- Have you been spending more time reading and thinking, and not enough time taking action?
- Are you worried your consulting business isn’t viable?
- Do you have enough clients to give you a full-time income?
- Could you quit your job right now and live off your consulting income?
- Are you struggling to reach prospects?
- When you talk to prospects, do you have a hard time converting them to clients and getting consulting projects?
- Are you taking steps–or do you even know what steps to take–to raise your rate and boost your income?
- Do you have a system to provide a consistent flow of clients and consulting work?
- Have you been procrastinating taking action to start or grow your consulting business?
- Do you question whether you can succeed?
- Are you unsure–or afraid–of how to approach prospects?
- Are you concerned that you might be offering something that no one wants?
- Are you afraid you might not be able to earn enough consulting to replace your day-job salary?
- Do you know what you need to do–but have been putting off taking action?
- Have you been stuck thinking that you need to learn more before you can start?
- Are you worried you’ll make costly mistakes?
- Have you been taking action but getting no results?
- Are you afraid you can’t compete with larger, more established consulting companies?
If any of those questions strike a nerve with you, think about why that might be.
E-mail me or comment below which questions make you squirm
Now–and I mean right now–either e-mail me or comment below which questions make you squirm. If there’s another question that makes you squirm even more that I haven’t listed, put that in your e-mail or comment. (I read every single comment & e-mail).
Done? (Seriously, if you haven’t done it, just take 5 seconds to do it now).
OK, now that you’re back, the next step is to ask yourself:
- Why did this question make me uncomfortable?
- What am I afraid of?
- What’s been holding me back?
- What is it I need that could help me get past being stuck?
Go ahead and add your answer to your e-mail or comment. If you want, feel free to take the next day or 3 to mull over a couple of those questions.
I’ve got a couple announcements scheduled for next week about some things that will help you get past your roadblocks, so stay tuned.
And if you haven’t e-mailed or commented, please (pretty please) do it now (I really do read every single comment & e-mail).