I’m working on a couple of big things for you at Start My Consulting Business that you’ll see in the coming weeks, but in the meantime, I want to share some cool content with you that I’ve rustled up.
Mindset & Inspiration
I put these articles first, since having a proper mindset is one of–if not the MOST–important thing when starting and running your business. It’s an often overlooked piece of starting your business, but having a solid mindset is probably the best foundation you can give yourself.
- How Could You Make An Extra $200 This Week? (Man Vs. Debt) (Great for getting yourself into the make money mindset).
- Are You Undervaluing Yourself? 7 Pitfalls for Getting Paid What You’re Really Worth (Illuminated Mind)
- How to Change Your Spending Habits (Get Rich Slowly) (Also, how to change or create ANY habit).
- Make money from your passion (Zen Habits)
- Why IT Consulting is One of the Best Industries (Inc. Magazine)
- 24 Incredible Lessons Learned From Being In Business (Suitcase Entrepreneur)
Marketing & Startup
Do you need a pile of cash to start your consulting business? Of course not! A few of the articles below talk about how you can start on the cheap.
- Grow your business through referrals (Escape From Cubicle Nation)
- Yes, you CAN start a business for $100 (Chris Guillebeau)
- How $62.90 Turned into a Six-Figure Business (The birth of the $100 startup) (Live Your Legend)
- 24 Quick Actions You Can Do Today That Can Change Your Financial Life Forever (Man Vs. Debt) (See tip #3: get 1 paying client).
I’m a bit odd this way, but I actually LIKE paying my taxes. Not that I like the money going out of my account, but I like the feeling of being on top of things and being organized–and staying out of trouble.
- Can you claim expenses before you start consulting/freelancing? (Freelance UK)
- Tax Tips to Live By for the First-Time Freelancer (Brazen Careerist)
- How to Focus When You’re Juggling Lots of Different Tasks (Dumb Little Man)
- Making The Most Of What You Have In The Moment (UnTemplater)
- 50 Ways To Lose Your Client (MindMulch)
Got a link you want to share?
Post it in the comments!