Why am I posting my consulting income online?
I want to show how much you can earn as a freelance consultant. My results may not be typical, etc., but hopefully it’ll give you an idea of what’s possible, along with some ideas you can implement in your own consulting business.
In addition, besides posting my consulting income, each month I highlight strategies and tactics I’ve tested to improve my business. For example, I’ve talked about techniques you can use to boost your rate, collect cash faster, and make more while working less.
Along the way, I also point out mistakes I made, lessons learned, and how I’ve remedied some of my blunders. I’ve talked about things like collecting unpaid invoices, working with difficult clients, and grossly under-estimating projects. I’m not perfect, but I’m willing to share what I’ve learned in the hope that you can avoid some of the same mistakes.
Here are the consulting income reports:
- Consulting Income Report: December 2012
- Consulting Income Report: November 2012
- Consulting Income Report: October 2012
- Consulting Income Report: September 2012
- Consulting Income Report: December 2011 – August 2012
- Consulting Income Report: September – November 2011
- Consulting Income update: May – August 2011
- Monthly Income Update: April 2011
- Monthly Income Report: Recap (from 1/2007 – 3/2011)