I got this email last week. It’s like lots that I get from readers & students who’ve taken action:
How much did that technique boost Kieran’s consulting rate? A full 50%.
Imagine if you got a 50% raise.
And Kieran got it using my FREE material.
In the last few emails, we’ve talked about getting clients. But getting clients, like we all know, is just a vehicle to creating the kinds of changes you’ve told me you want in your life:
- create some income on the side
- replace your day job salary
- work from home
- have the flexibility to be able to pick your kids up from school and help them with their homework
Now, for most people, those things are just a DREAM.
But instead, we’ve been talking about HOW you can create those things in your own life.
There are a few ways:
- win the lottery
- get an inheritance from a wealthy relative
- crack the code on how to systematically get clients for high-value consulting work.
Remember, even a single PROJECT can be worth $2,000, $5,000, $10,000+.
And a single client will almost always bring you MULTIPLE projects.
It’s no exaggeration to earn $100k+/year consulting with just a small number of clients.
Now, to do this, to create these kinds of changes in your life and get clients, I asked you about your fears and misgivings.
As I read through them, I noticed some common themes:
- “Rather than picking up a phone and just dialing, I would convince myself that I need to do more research on the client’s business to be intelligent about how I might be able to help them. …then probably convince myself that “they don’t need my help.” –Roger K.
- “OMG, the thought of cold calling makes me sick :(” –Shai C.
- “I have a fear of reaching out to others and pitching a sale/solution etc.. I think my fear is rejection or looking/feeling incompetent.” –Tony R.
- “My biggest challenge is a profound belief that I’m not good enough/worthy/skilled enough etc. Asking for things, taking action, investing money and taking risks are not my key skills.” –Stine H.
- “I feel inspired again to start my own consultancy firm. It’s an idea I have been playing with for some time now, however I have never taken any action towards it because I thought I don’t know enough. This has been a trait of mine in many areas of my life, and I always find myself stifled and to scared to take action towards what I want because of this fear that I am never good enough.” –Matt B.
- “I still am lacking confidence and end up being negotiated down some what.” –Kieran M. (Yep, this is what Kieran said BEFORE he tried using my free material, which boosted his rate 50%).
- “getting clients, for me is definitely a “5” [on a scale of 1 to 5, 5 being the biggest challenge]! I’ve tried a few different things: flyers, networking groups, social media. Thus far, unfortunately, I haven’t even gotten a nibble. I absolutely need help!” –Matt A.
- “So far, my approach to winning clients has been to attend industry interest events (not purely networking) and make contacts. Problem is to take it to the next stage (yes, I do follow up but seems not very successful so far). ” –Miriam G.
- “I’ve set up Google Ads so far to absolutely no effect (lots of clicks and impressions, zero responses).” –Chris T.
- “Something I’m struggling with at the moment has to do with activating my business – getting the show on the road – finding those early adopter clients/champions.” –Sharon U.
Tuesday night, I’m going to show you exactly how to find and convert clients. I’ll answer your questions and show you the exact scripts, frameworks, and strategies to get your first client, your next client, and a reliable pipeline of consulting work, LIVE. It happens at 9 p.m. Eastern. No replays, no recording, just a 1-time only live mini-class.
During Tuesday’s mini-class, I’ll cover:
- How to find a profitable niche (without wasting time or trying every field you’ve ever worked in)
- What to do if you’re not a “salesperson” — even if you’ve never even sold a used iPod on Craigslist
- How to uncover a reservoir of prospects in your exact market (each worth potentially $10,000+)
- How to master your pitch & beat out others with more experience (I’ll show you how I did it)
Here are the details
- When: Tuesday, November 11th at 9 p.m. Eastern / 6 p.m. Pacific (see time zone)
- Where: Click here to register
See you Tuesday!
P.S. Over the last week, we’ve covered a lot of material. Here’s a summary for you:
- How you’re poisoning your brain (and the litmus test for uncovering limiting beliefs that keep you stuck)
- A heartbreaking story, and the 5-minute test to see if your niche is profitable
- Cracking the code to get clients: the next piece of the puzzle
- Bad advice on how to get clients, plus how to clarify your ideal client
P.P.S. Don’t miss my live How To Get Clients mini-class on Tuesday. If you haven’t already, click this link to register now. No recordings, sorry.