I’ve talked to lots of consultants and freelancers, and whether you’re just starting out or you’ve been in business for a while, at some point, you’ll feel stuck.
Maybe you haven’t yet started your business, and are overwhelmed, worried of failing, or doubt you can succeed.
Maybe you’re already in business, but want to grow it, and either don’t know how, or have doubts and worries about how to go forward or whether you can achieve what you want.
Either way, you’re not alone.
Everyone has barriers
We all have things that hold us back. Sometimes we blame circumstances or the people around us, but those are often just excuses. What’s needed is to figure out exactly what’s holding you back, and work on those barriers. For example:
- Maybe you want to start a consulting business, but are overwhelmed and don’t know where to begin.
- Maybe you want to start freelancing, but are unsure whether clients would be willing to pay for your services.
- Maybe you want your consulting business to be more profitable, but are afraid to raise your rates.
- Maybe you have an idea for a new consulting service for your business, but hate making sales/marketing calls to your clients.
Whatever the case, you’ve been feeling stuck, and have been struggling to get past whatever’s holding you back.
You might not even know what’s holding you back
Even if you think you know what’s holding you back, chances are there are other things at work that keep you from moving forward toward your goals. And if you don’t identify the root cause, you’re less likely to be successful in working past it.
I’ve talked to lots of aspiring consultants who have everything they need to start a consulting business (experience, skills, client contacts, etc.), but haven’t done anything to start their business.
Other consultants & freelancers I’ve talked to have been in business but either do things to sabotage themselves, or can’t seem to move past just scraping by. Sometimes they:
- Neglect to invoice their clients for a few months at a time, feel guilty about sending a big invoice for their past time, then end up writing a bunch of their time down.
- Neglect to track all their time for clients, since they feel guilty about billing for all their work.
- Fail to raise their rates according to their value and/or the market, so they lose credibility–and business–from their low rate, and lose revenue.
- Have great ideas for additional services, but neglect to upsell their clients.
- Procrastinate making sales/marketing calls to prospective clients.
There are plenty of things that are difficult when you have your own business. But the most difficult challenges are your internal struggles–identifying and figuring out how to overcome your own barriers.
What if you had a roadmap to guaranteed to help you find and break through your barriers?
That’s where my ebook, The Success On-Ramp, comes in. It details the mental barriers, myths, negative thinking and paradigms that lead to and reinforce non-action and self-fulfilling prophecies of failure. In addition, The Success On-Ramp covers tactics and concrete examples that will help you overcome, work around, and break through those barriers to ensure you’ll take action and move forward.
It’s like having a personal coach to guide you through your barriers–only at a fraction of the cost.
I’m officially launching The Success On-Ramp next week, but if you’re one of the first 5 to buy it, I’ll give it to you for FREE. For those lucky 5 people, the only catch is that you agree to give me your feedback on the ebook so I can make it even better.
Even if you don’t end up getting it for free, for about the cost of a single billable hour, you get an invaluable guide that’s guaranteed to get your business into high gear. You’ll find the reasons you’re holding yourself back, as well as concrete tactics to get yourself into high gear.
I know it’s hard to wait while I’m putting the final touches on this guide. For today though, go ahead and sign up now to get your copy–you may even get it free!